If you are facing criminal charges, or an investigation that may lead to criminal charges being filed against you, in Long Beach, Los Angeles County, or anywhere in Southern California, the Law Office of Richard L. Poland understands your situation and stands ready to rush to your aid.
Richard Poland has over four decades of experience in handling a wide variety of criminal cases and is fully familiar with the details of the California criminal code. Over the years, he has earned the respect of his clients and of his peers and built a proven track record of success.
At the Law Office of Richard L. Poland, we work hard to defend the rights of each and every client the way we ourselves would want to be defended were our positions reversed. We put ourselves in our clients' shoes and fight tenaciously and skillfully for their future and are not satisfied with anything less than the best possible outcome to every case we take up.
The Value of Experience in Criminal Defense
Long Beach and L.A. County have no shortage of criminal defense attorneys for defendants to choose from—there are literally thousands of such law firms operating in the area. The fact is, however, that many defense attorneys are novices and many others have a dismally poor record of success in the courtroom.
Richard Poland, however, is a criminal defense attorney who has been in the business for over 40 years. His long experience has taught him how to win cases by following such practices as these:
- Giving his personal attention to his clients, never passing them off to an associate after the initial interview to be all but forgotten.
- Preparing early and thoroughly for every case. This includes assembling evidence and witnesses in your favor, finding ways to challenge police reports and other evidence being used against you, forming a solid legal defense, and anticipating and countering the likely strategy of the prosecutor.
- Keeping up to date on all recent changes in California or federal law and on all pertinent court decisions that could serve as precedents.
- Leaning on his deep, first-hand knowledge of the court process and the tendencies of particular judges and prosecutors.
The Importance of Negotiation Skills and Multiple Options
Attorney Richard Poland will not only explain to you the details of your case from a legal perspective, naming to you the probable punishments that would come with a conviction and offering you his advice on the best defense options available, but he will go further. He will use his seasoned negotiation skills to open up new options that other attorneys never think of or don't take the time to pursue. He will do more than just lay down an either/or "plead guilty or go to trial" choice into your lap.
At the Law Office of Richard L. Poland, we believe in always fighting for the best possible outcome for every client. This principle can work itself out in a variety of ways, including:
- Uncovering police violations of a defendant's rights during the arrest or investigation or exposing weak cases for what they are to get a quick dismissal before ever going to trial.
- Negotiating for a favorable plea agreement with the prosecutor and presiding judge. This may get your sentence reduced or result in a lighter sentence where a trial could easily have ended much worse.
- Obtaining creative alternatives to a traditional plea or court contest, such as community service, deferred entry of judgment, or drug/mental treatment options.
- Simply taking your case to the judge and jury and winning an acquittal with a well thought out defense strategy.
The Benefit of an Attorney With Wide-Ranging Expertise
Richard L. Poland has handled not only a voluminous quantity but also a multifaceted variety of criminal defense cases during the span of his long career. This has allowed him to acquired expertise in a wide range of case-types, including the following:
- DUI, license suspension, and serious traffic violations
- Domestic violence and assault & battery
- Drug crimes, including possession and medical marijuana
- Theft crimes, fraud, and white collar crimes
- Firearms violations, like illegal ownership or gun crimes
- Sex crimes, such as date rape and prostitution
- Homicide, attempted homicide, or manslaughter
We handle criminal cases across a wide swath of legal territory for both minors and adults and involving both state and federal charges. We walk our clients through every stage of the defense process and use our skills to protect the rights of people all over Southern California.
Choosing your criminal defense attorney is decision that can affect you for the rest of your life. Richard Poland is a Long Beach Criminal Defense Attorney with extensive experience, seasoned negotiation skills, and wide-ranging expertise. Contact him today by calling 562-437-6418 for a free consultation and immediate attention to your case.
The Long Beach criminal defense attorney at the Law Office of Richard L. Poland defends people accused of committing crimes throughout southern California and the South Bay area, including the cities of Long Beach, Torrance, Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Gardena, Hawthorne, San Pedro, El Segundo, Hermosa Beach, Lomita, Palos Verdes, Rancho Palos Verdes, Rolling Hills, Carson, Lawndale, Seal Beach, Signal Hill, Sunset Beach, Huntington Beach, Westminster, Garden Grove, Santa Ana, Fountain Valley, Anaheim, Gardena, Lakewood, Compton, Buena Park, Fullerton, Norwalk, South Gate, Downey, Irvine, Inglewood, and Bellflower. Attorney Poland also represents clients throughout the communities in and around Los Angeles County and Orange County, and his law practice takes him from San Diego and San Francisco.
As a criminal defense attorney in Downtown Los Angeles I recommend anyone in Long Beach to seriously considering Richard Poland. He is one of the best defense attorneys you could have in your corner.
Law Offices of Jeff Voll - Los Angeles Criminal Attorney
Experience and knowing the court system is what sets Richard Poland apart from other criminal defense attorneys in Long Beach.
Ross Law Center - San Diego DUI Attorney